The aim of the Daveyton LSDF was to manage spatial development within Daveyton and guide the expansion of Daveyton over a 10-year period. To this, the Daveyton LSDF placed emphasis on a number of planning and planning related sectors, such as spatial planning, land use planning, environmental sustainability, geotechnical suitability, affordable housing development, economic viability, public land utilization, urban design, social facilities provision and the integration of public transport. The above was addressed by adhering to the following broad objectives:
- To provide a strategic development vision for the project area in line with the Ekurhuleni Municipal Spatial Development Framework;
- To draft a comprehensive spatial development framework for Daveyton;
- To address specific developmental issues and challenges in Daveyton;
- To provide a strategic context for the integration and implementation of existing studies applicable to Daveyton or parts thereof;
- To identify specific interventions to realise the vision; and
- To ensure a sustainable integrated development.