Due to its role of assisting local and provincial government departments in the conceptualization, planning, initiation and implementation of various projects and initiatives, Urban Dynamics has developed specific specialist resources to manage entire development related programmes.
Rather focusing on the management of individual projects, the focus in this instance is on the high-level management of entire programmes which could involve dozens if not hundreds of individual projects on behalf of government.
Since the required skills to manage such programmes are by definition multi-disciplinary, such appointments are often through purposely established management consortiums to ensure effective production, management and co-ordination of all projects and underlying resources.
Examples of programmes managed by Urban Dynamics through its involvement in the purposely established Powerhouse Consortium in the past 5 years include:
- Bekkersdal Urban Renewal Project - a multi-level construction and upgrading project involving some 20 000 houses to the value of R1,2 Billion;
- Sedibeng and West Rand Professional Resources Teams (PRT’s) - The five year management of all provincially funded housing projects for 8 municipalities across these two District Councils in Gauteng;
- West Rand Urban Regeneration Strategy - this strategic planning programme involved urban planning and design, essential services upgrading, agricultural feasibility and the assessment of social services and tourism potential across this entire region.
- Technical Resources Group - A programme designed to conceptualize, develop and implement social housing projects in the West Rand and Sedibeng Regions.
- Municipal Housing Development Plans (MHDP’s) - A 2004 planning programme developed to ensure integrated 5 year housing supply across the six administrative regions in Gauteng Province in relation to new Housing Policies.